(droning music) - hi there. (speaking in foreign language) this is the sixth running of the world's greatest drag race. this year, the competitionis tougher than ever, however, i think i'm driving the winner. this is the all new acura nsx. and in addition to all-wheeldrive, i've got three,
count them one, two,three electric motors. what's good about an electricmotor in a drag race? instant torque. the second i hit the gaspedal, i get all that torque at zero rpm. and then the high horsepowergasoline engine takes over. plus, i've got a quick shiftingdual clutch transmission. however, there are 11other cars that think they have a shot at crossingthat finish line first.
let's meet the competition. wearing a creamsicle inspired paint job, it's the aston martin v12vantage s with its funny shifter. there's the impressive-handlingchevy camaro 1le. there's an eye-searingyellow shelby mustang gt350r. oh, the great lookingwater-injected bmw m4 gts. the track day champ, the dodge viper acr. this has to be the bestlooking porsche of all time, a miami blue carrera s.
here's the most powerful jaguarof all time, the f-type svr. the return of the jewishracing gold amg gts. godzilla makes another appearance. there's the impressivelypowerful and ridiculously light mclaren 570s. and here's the teutonicstud, the audi r8 v10 plus. and none of them stand a chance. (engines revving) this is the world'sgreatest drag race six.
- what johnny doesn't know isthat i've gone to the office and stolen his long termdodge charger hellcat. i'm going to use it in the race. - sup bro? - hey, johnny. what are you driving? - nsx.- cool. - yeah, you? (coughing)- hellcat.
- what? - my hellcat? that's not part of best driver's car. - it has more horsepower and torque than anything here, though. - that's a good point. the only problem is that wegot 12 guys dressed like this and 13 cars. so i suggest we just cutthe slowest one here,
that being your aston martin. why are you smiling?- okay. - i just put tires on the hellcat. i'd like two weeks out of them, okay? - two minutes, maybe. (engine revving) okay, so the 707 horsepower hellcat might have the most power here,but it's a big heavy sedan. there's another car withalmost as much horsepower,
the viper acr. it has just 650 horsepower, but it weighs 1,151 fewer pounds. with a manual transmission, long gearing, and really sticky tires,the viper is a tricky car to launch properly. get it right and you're instore for a 3.3 second run to 60 miles an hour. however, at higher speeds, that big wing
creates lot of drag,and that slows it down. the mclaren doesn'thave to deal with that, and thanks to itscomputer-controlled launch control, it's a whole lot easierto get off the line. unfortunately, it givesup a hundred horsepower to the viper. then again, the 570s isthe lightest car here, and then there's the audi. the r8 is 500 poundsheavier than the mclaren,
but it has all-wheel driveto rocket off the line. plus, it's naturally aspiratedv10 screams to 9000 rpm, and it's dual clutch is oneof the quickest shifting transmissions on the planet. will that be enough toedge out the rest of these horsepower-riddled cars? hang on and find out. (dramatic bass music) alright, there's nothingreally for me to do.
just sit in my air conditionedseat, put it in drive, and fight wheel spin theentire way down the runway, because this is a big stupidsedan with 707 horsepower. - he stands no chance in thathellcat against this, the nsx. and have i mentioned how easyit is to launch this acura? super easy. - alright, five, four, three, two. (laughing) (engines humming)
- i kicked the stuffing outof jason in the hellcat. - 707 horsepower and i finishedin the back of the pack. - vietnamese coffee, who knew? - [jason] it's all over pretty quickly when you have cars this fast. the nsx's electric motorsgave it a jump off the line, but the audi blows right by on its way to a 2.6 second zero to 60. and the audi stays inthe lead the whole way,
crossing the quarter milemarker after just 10.6 seconds. if we'd kept going, the r8would get passed by the mclaren, which is less than a car length behind, but traveling almost twomiles an hour quicker. 101 feet and 6/10 behindthe audi is godzilla itself, the nissan gtr, whichcrosses the line just 16 feet before johnny and his nsx. that's right, johnny, hopeyou're enjoying fourth place. next up, the mercedesamg gts, followed closely
by the jaguar f-type svr. oh, but if you think theviper's up next, you're wrong. it's that insanelyoverachieving porsche 911 pulling an 11.5 at a 120 miles an hour. the viper is 12 feet behind the porsche. then 4/10 of a second later, here i come in a big heavy hellcat, which didn't win, but it did spin its tires long enough to beat the m4 gts by two car lengths.
the mustang shelby gt350rwas right behind the bimmer, and then in dead last place,is the chevy camaro ss 1le. that's right, the slowestcar in this group runs a 12.4 at 114.2 miles an hour, or in other words, zero to jail in 10 seconds or less. it's a good thing we'reon a closed course. can you guys see me? 'cause it feels like ihave my back to the camera. you okay?
- you should have your backto the camera at first. - okay.- yeah, it's okay. - okay. - [johnny] that's tony's newtechnique, back to the camera. - [camera man] back to camera, is it? - put your back to camera-- - [johnny] you're doing a lot of stuff with like people's backsand cameras lately. - i love it.- step to your left, jason.
- [johnny] really? - we all set guys?- ah, this breeze. - [camera man] and thenhe turns around, right? he's looking away? he's looking away and turns to us? perfect do it again. - [jason] that was a little weird. - [camera man] why was that weird? - my laugh was a little weird.- there was a couple flubs.
- [camera man] one more time? not perfect, do it again. - yep, imperfect.- imperfect. - just pretend it was perfect. - [camera man] what do youwant to have your last line be? you say nevermind, love you. - this is the world'sgreatest drag race six.